The newest terminal at Ben-Gurion International Airport. Terminal 3 has been operational for over a decade. Extending Israel’s major international airport, Terminal 3 solves passenger overload, and at the same time changes the whole area both commercially and financially. Planned as a SCADA project, Terminal 3 uses PULSETM SCADA Solution by AFCON SOFTWARE AND ELECTRONICS as the interface between most of the terminal’s systems.
PULSETM performs the following:
- Controls/monitors/maintains 161KV high voltage power line at the Terminal 3 sub-station.
- Controls/monitors air conditioning throughout Terminal 3 and auxiliary areas.
- Controls 22KV high voltage power distribution.
- Controls/monitors 25 Computerized Air Conditioning units that cool Communications rooms.
- Treats/softens industrial water for cooling/heating processes.
- Controls/monitors lighting system using time scheduling and timetables.
- High voltage energy calculations and distribution after analyzing requirements at Load Shedding process.
- Controls petrol resources and leakage from containers at fuel farm.
- Reads/displays power levels from 300 Satec meters.
- Controls/monitors power station built from 4 diesel generators producing up to 13.1Mw.
- Controls water pumping and drainage systems.
- Controls/monitors hot/cold water processing at Energy Center.
- Controls/monitors Load Shedding process after main electricity supply shuts down.
- Monitors Reverse Osmosis systems controlled by Omron PLCs.
- Collects events and displays them in the PULSETM Alarm Explorer.